Monday, November 3, 2008

Miss Elizabeth


She's here! We welcomed Elizabeth to the USA on Friday night. She is extremely shy but clearly loves her dads! What a precious, long awaited gifted. I hope someday I'll be able to share with her how much she is loved and how much she was wanted. The strides that were taken to make sure she could be with her family seemed arduous at the time but so worth it to see her smile and climb into Ed's lap!
She arrived (at 2 1/2 years of age) still using a bottle and eating only baby food. That sounds like it will be the first hurdle; switching her over to food. She's still in diapers but clearly knows when to let you know when she is wet. She speaks Spanish but understands English. It is clear that she likes to watch people and then mock the skills they demonstrated! I can't wait to see how long it takes her to adapt to our "princess" like US customs!
Ed will be back at work tomorrow. I wonder how hard it will be to leave her? I remember that first day leaving B at the sitter; but he was so tiny. I wonder how Ed will react to having her be at home without him....he's waited so long I can't believe that it wouldn't' be hard to leave her; not even for a second.

Today is also a special day because Miss AJ is 4 years old! We hear you are so big and got rid of your binki! Congrats on this accomplishment! We love you!!!!!!

No comments: