Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Evil Circus People!






Okay so I cringed titling this blog, but really they're evil! They smile, but it's only because they are charming the dollars right out of your pocket. Thank heavens Aunt Megan brought tickets for us. We arrived early only to stand outside in line while this "thought he was funny" man announced over and over and over and over again and again and again that he had programs for sale and if I bought one now I would get a light up clown nose...which he so lovingly displayed! Not to mention his ploy that my son would certainly want this unforgettable program to have all the clowns sign it and that he will cherish it forever! I stood strong! B does not need a program even if he is starting to drool over that damn blinking clown nose!

We enter to the darkness to be greeted by a dazzling light show and greeters beckoning us to the center ring! We slid down the steps and entered the ring, mingled with the clowns (no he didn't ask for their signatures and didn't miss the program), saw the Elephants, trick dogs, unicyclist, and sat on a "horse". What an experience! We hiked back up to our seats, met up with Megan, Ben, and the twins. We HAD to buy something...I settled for popcorn. Little did I know that as soon as the lights dimmed and the circus begun the light up spinning unbelievable got to have it toys would begin pacing up and down the steps...just like beer at the ball games! Can you say crack for ADHD.....B nearly lost his mind in joy thinking he was going to talk me into that one, as if the gold popcorn for 7 dollars wasn't enough!

We'll go again next year...but I guarantee that I will be prepared with the NOT BUYING YOUR STUFF look.

1 comment:

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

oh the circus! they do get you don't they?? you stayed much stronger than I would have. Very proud :)