Friday, August 15, 2008

"I Dressed Myself"

I've returned to work this week. Each morning I've gotten up, walked, gotten ready and headed out the door. Nana took on taking B to daycare so that he wouldn't have to get up so early this week. This morning B was up when I left...in his pj's watching cartoons with his choc milk and bar. He bid me farewell with a kind "have a good day".
It was a good day!
I entered the room to pick B up to a wonderful surprise. A pair of Spider man jeans about 3 inches too short and a sleeveless shirt with orange, green, and blue; and best of all a pair of spider man sandals. I only wish I could have gotten a picture of it!
Needless to say he's not leaning anywhere near being a metro-sexual. Apparently my mom tried to get him to change his outfit but he was so proud in saying "I dressed myself!" with a meltdown at the request of a new outfit! So his pride won out and he looked (as my students would say) "a hot mess" today! God love him!!

1 comment:

Nanners said...

Yep! and as I sit here in the office AJ runs in wearing hot pink leggings, yellow shorts and a neon yellow Tshirt from camp last year (a bit on the snug side, I might add!) Gotta love it! Gotta let 'em be independent without hovering over their every move, right??