Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Couple of Things

1. Will I be able to finish the 10K Thanksgiving Day Race? Who knows. My legs are itching to get out and walk and I know time should never be an excuse but I just haven't been able to get it all done. Being a mom and this new job are about all I can handle. I hope things will soon feel more normal so I can get back into the "step" of things!

2. A PTA meeting that last until 9:45? Seriously, don't these people know I try and get up between 4:30 and 5! No wonder I can't get the walks in....I've got to sleep! (NO!!! I'm not even taking naps during the day, shit I'm not even getting to eat lunch)

3. When will the phrase "those people" be eliminated! I felt like I was back during the days of segregation tonight. Quotes from parents tonight: "We don't want those Kids here" meaning kids from other neighborhoods that are primarily black AND the students diagnosed Emotionally Disturbed.

4. When will people understand that mental illness isn't something that people request or want to have? Why do some of these teachers think their students with Mental Illness are misbehaving because they are just bad? It's so much deeper than that. So much more!

I'm sure this makes no sense but I had to jot it down so my brain would shut off and I could fall asleep!!
Good Night!!

No comments: