Friday, November 21, 2008

What has gotten into him?

Seriously, I know everyday is different and I know you have to teach things to your child non-stop but B is almost 4, why is he now trying to BITE his TEACHER? Unbelievable, I thought many of our issues were due to his loss of hearing but that's fixed now. His "listening ears" have improved but for goodness sake....BITING?

I walked him into class this morning and Ms. Rosanna says "Oh, mom, I forgot to tell you that the other day I asked B to help clean up and he refused. When I sent him to timeout he ran over and tried to bite me!"

First, why didn't she tell me this the day of. What can I do now? Second, I want to beat his bottom...he knows we don't bite! I can conceptualize that he was angry, but that's not an excuse. GRRRRRR what do I say if anything at this point?

In addition, Ms. Rosanna then turns to another student and says and I'm upset with your daddy too. He threw all your papers in the trash without reading or looking at them. They are important. Well, I agree the papers are important but why would you tell a child that kind of information.

Got to run to a meeting! :)

1 comment:

Nanners said...

Miss Roseanna needs a lesson on prompt feedback and good manners. Why would you say comments to a child about their parent? Not good. I don't think you can do anything to B about the most recent incident other than talk about it. Punishments are not effective unless they are pretty immediate, don't ya think? I don't know, honey. He's definitely learned that it gets him attention when he does it.