Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Crazy Dreams! I need a Dream Interpreter!

So the last few nights have been blessed with much sleep disruption. Typically this comes only from one source, my son...but this week is different! True B is up and down all night long for anything from the bathroom emergency to a desire to watch cartoons (even if it's 2:00 am). Side note: What ever happened to my sleep like a rock baby boy?

So the dreams? Well, they have all included major players in my past life. Like Mark and Scott from grade school, and Carly and Natalie from college. I haven't spoken to three of these people for nearly a decade if not more. I've kept up with Carly but we haven't spoken in almost a year. The first set of dreams had me marrying Mark, all of our family was vividly present in the dream. everyone seemed happy (even me) but when I awoke my gut felt sick. Mark was one of those boys you just had an odd attraction to but the stars never aligned for him to like you when you like him and vise-verse. Then Scott, who was the cutest blond hair blue eyed bully I've ever laid eyes on. I was so "IN LUV" was a fire fighter that showed up to the wedding. Go figure! I haven't seen or heard from these guys in nearly two decades. Why now in my dreams? What is my mind going through?
Dream #2 has me attending a party with Carly only to find that she's invited all of her buddies. I have a great sense of anger leave, come back, and leave again. I feel left out, bitter, and tearful. She tells me that I have to get myself together or I need to rethink going on a vacation we had planned. I cry, tell her I know I've got issues and I'm sorry and leave. Then B wakes me up for his cartoon fix (note to all the mothers out there: I typically battle this and don't give in but this time the TV came on and I went back to sleep desperately trying to find out the ending to my dream.
I'm sure neither of these dreams have been expressed as vividly as I see them in my head. I just can't shake the oddness of them. I'm perplexed by their meaning or why my brain is focusing on these people now? Our bodies are amazing!!!! Let me know what you think!

No comments: